Überblick über den Studiengang
To be eligible for this Master’s study program at Hochschule Fresenius, you must have completed a Bachelor’s program with a minimum of 180 credit points, including 60 credit points in management, business, or economics.
If you have less than 60 credit points in these areas, you will need to take an admissions test.
Your English language skills must be at Level B2 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages.
If you haven't finished your Bachelor's degree yet, you can still enroll in the Master's program at Hochschule Fresenius. However, you must have earned at least 80% of the required credit points by the time of enrollment. Also, Bachelor's students at the university will only need to pay the monthly tuition fees for the Master's program when they begin it.
The Master’s program in Luxury Management (M.Sc.) offers extensive management training and covers a range of important topics, including:
- Luxury Management: You’ll develop a broad understanding of the unique qualities that distinguish luxury brands, products, and services, and learn how to position, market, sell, and strategically manage them.
- Management Principles in a Luxury Context: You’ll gain in-depth knowledge of finance and compliance, which are particularly relevant when working with luxury brands.
- Advanced Management Essentials: You’ll acquire critical leadership-oriented management skills to lead projects and teams and manage companies in a future-oriented and agile manner.
- Intercultural & Language Skills: If you don't have German language proficiency, you’ll build your skills in German courses during the 1st and 2nd semesters. If you already know German, you’ll prepare for a global environment in the Intercultural Competence module and develop your linguistic skills in another foreign language.
- Research Methods & Empirical Skills: You’ll learn how research informs business-related decisions and acquire a portfolio of specific methods for gathering and analyzing data.
The M.Sc. in Luxury Management offers specialized management skills tailored to the luxury industry, combined with extensive knowledge of marketing, sales, and strategies for luxury brands and products. During the program, you’ll gain a broad portfolio of marketing tools and learn how to apply them to develop a tailored marketing mix for luxury brands, goods, and services. You’ll also gain an understanding of the product and service development process from both a financial and strategic perspective and be able to specialize within a particular product category by applying general knowledge to the specific luxury context.
Upon graduation, you’ll be equipped with the skills needed to pursue a career in various areas of the luxury sector or other organizations and institutions in roles such as:
- Product or Brand Manager
- Retail Buyer
- PR Manager
- Sales Force Manager
- Key Account Manager
- Category Manager
- Sales Representative
- Communication Manager
- E-Retail Manager
In addition, Master’s graduates can also pursue a doctorate.
The first half of the Master's program in Luxury Management (M.Sc.) focuses on laying the foundation for your career in the luxury sector. Courses will include:
- Strategic Marketing & Brand Management
- Leadership & Management
- Advanced Project Management
- Customer Experience in Luxury
- Strategic & Financial Management in Luxury
- Innovation Management & Design Thinking
- Quantitative & Qualitative Methods for Business
Additionally, in the 2nd semester, you can join a business excursion to one of Europe’s luxury hubs, such as Milan or Paris.
The Master’s program also provides you with ample opportunities to pursue your interests and enhance your professional profile. In the third semester, you can opt for an elective module on one of the topics below:
- Sustainability Management & CSR in a Global Context
- International Relations & Current World Affairs
- Consumer Behavior & Psychology
Alternatively, you can choose to do an internship in the luxury sector or spend a semester abroad at a partner university offering a program in Luxury and Fashion Management (Italy, France, UK, or Germany).
zurück zur Hochschule